Tuesday 15 January 2019

Different Meaning of RED LETTER DAY


Why did I choose READ LETTER DAY25 as my blog name? I got that name from RED LETTER DAY and that No. 25 I got that on my birth day. So to further explain let me give you the meaning of RED LETTER DAY from different references I've researched.



My Top 8 Most Favorite Meaning.


RED LETTER DAY means...


1. A day that is pleasantly noteworthy or memorable.
                                                                                             - (Reference:https://www.dictionary.cambridge.org)

                     
2. It is a day that you will always remember because something good happens to you then.



3. A memorably important or happy occasion.



4.  For UrbanDictionary.com:

·        In the past, special holidays would be marked with red letter making it a red-letter day.
·        Any day with personal significance.
·        A special occasion.
·        A day that you make someone else’s day wonderful through various ways.

Ex. Oh! It’s our National Hero’s day tomorrow! Better get ready for the red-letter day!



      5. A special, happy and important day that you will always remember.

Ex. The day I first set foot in Fort Santiago Philippines was a red-letter day!



6. In earlier times a church festival or saint’s day, more recently, any special day.



7. A very important or significant day.

Ex. My college graduation was a real red-letter day for my whole family.



8. For the Idioms:

·        A day of significance
·        A day of remembrance
·        A memorable day
·        A happy and important day

Ex. The day that I received my college diploma and have my first job was really a
red- letter day for me!

-(Reference: https://theidioms.com)



Note: Please click those mentioned references if you are looking for more informations.



My Example based on my own experiences:

               Ex. I went to Fort Santiago, the historical place where our National Hero was imprisones before he was executed in Bagumbayan, Manila (Rizal Park now) and it was an honor for me to witnessed that historical in my own country Philippines, the day that our National Hero died for his country fighting for our freedom. It was really a red-letter day for me to visit Rizal Shrine. – Read Letter Day25        

When I visited Rizal Shrine (Intramuros)
    

Ex. It was indeed a red letter day for me when me and my friends went to a certain place in Pampanga wherein we walk around holding the take-out food we bought in a well-known fast-food chain which we wholeheartedly share to our fellows who really melt our hearts especially our little angels and our oldies as we share also the word of encouragements and the word of our Almighty God. It was a red-letter day that we will love to do again. Sharing happiness is the best!

Sharing HAPPINESS is the BEST!




HOW ABOUT YOU WHAT AND WHEN IS YOUR RED LETTER DAY?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

“Loosing an amazing ARTIST made me realized I should change my lifestyle.”

“Loosing an ARTIST made me realized I should change my lifestyle.” Last February 15, 2019 we just received a sad news that our h...